Health and Safety Executive press releases 2018
- 30/04/18: Construction companies fined after worker injured in fall from height
Three construction companies have been today fined after a subcontractor fell four meters through a fragile roof light into an office space below.
- 27/04/18: Client, principal contractor and demolition contractor fined after building collapse in Kilmacolm
A client, principal contractor and demolition contractor have been fined following the uncontrolled collapse of part of a building that was being demolished in Kilmacolm, Inverclyde in 2015.
- 26/04/18: Oil and gas operators challenged on HCRs
With the thirtieth anniversary of the Piper Alpha disaster approaching, HSE’s Director of Energy Division has recently written to all offshore oil and gas production operators regarding gas releases in the North Sea.
- 26/04/18: Company fined after worker falls from roof
A home improvements company has today been fined after a worker fell from a garage roof sustaining significant injuries.
- 25/04/18: Company fined after worker injured by dumper
Chalmers and Co (Sussex) Limited has today been sentenced after an untrained operator was injured when a six-tonne dumper fell on top of him.
- 25/04/18: Companies fined after worker injured in fall from height
Stuart Barnes Limited and its client, Aster Property Limited, have both been sentenced after an employee fell through a fragile roof whilst at work.
- 23/04/18: Construction worker suffers severe injuries after fall from height
A construction company was sentenced today after an employee fell from the first floor of Sandal Endowed Primary School in Wakefield.
- 23/04/18: Company fined following death of worker
A transport company has today been fined £180,000 after a worker suffered fatal crush injuries.
- 20/04/18: Company fined following death of worker
A waste management company has today been sentenced after a 56-year-old man was fatally injured in a lorry runaway incident at a hospital in Plymouth.
- 20/04/18: Contractor fined after worker suffers life changing injuries in a van fire
Greenseal Insulation Ltd, a company specialising in spray foam insulation services, have today been fined after an inexperienced worker suffered severe burns while attempting to refuel petrol powered equipment.
- 20/04/18: NHS Trust fined after exposing patients to legionella risk
Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust has been fined £300,000 after failing to control the risk to patients from exposure to legionella bacteria in its water systems.
- 19/04/18: Principal contractor fined after worker suffers brain injury in fall from height
The principal contractor involved in the construction of a dormer extension has today been sentenced for safety breaches after a self-employed worker suffered life threatening injuries.
- 19/04/18: Company fined after worker falls through roof
Southern Solar Ltd and Sonya French have today been fined after a worker fell through a fragile barn roof, suffering life-changing injuries.
- 18/04/18: Company fined after contractor falls from scaffold
Beaudecor Ltd has today plead guilty and been fined after a worker fell from scaffolding.
- 18/04/18: Civil engineering firm and district heating firm fined after worker suffered fatal injuries
A civil engineering firm and a district heating firm were sentenced today for safety breaches after a worker suffered fatal crush injuries.
- 18/04/18: Cornwall based tree surgeon sentenced after tree felling incident
A tree surgeon from Cornwall has been sentenced after a tree that was being worked on, fell into a public area and hit a parked car.
- 17/04/18: Care home fined after death of resident
A care home has been prosecuted after a 77-year-old resident slipped down in her specialised wheelchair and died.
- 17/04/18: Company and director fined after worker injured
A Newhaven Waste Management Company and its Directors have been fined after an employee got his arm caught in a conveyor at a material recycling plant.
- 17/04/18: £40k fine after two employees injured in fire at adhesive manufacturer
A Manchester adhesive manufacturer has appeared in court after two employees were injured in a major fire which stopped production at the site for five months.
Page 8 of 13« First«...789...»Last »