Health and Safety Executive press releases 2017
- 25/09/17: Waste removal contractor fined after asbestos concerns
A waste removal contractor from Bridgend has been sentenced after undertaking asbestos removal work at two locations without being licensed to do so.
- 21/09/17: Scaffold Inspectors prosecuted after worker falls from height
Two scaffold Inspectors have been prosecuted after a worker fell through a gap between the scaffolding and the building, resulting in serious injuries.
- 19/09/17: Company fined after worker’s hand crushed in machinery
A food seasoning manufacturer has been fined after an agency worker suffered serious hand injuries.
- 19/09/17: Company fined after worker suffers crush injuries
A Wolverhampton based company, Sterry Lane Limited, trading as LPD Demolition, has been fined after a 39-year old-employee was crushed by a reversing excavator.
- 18/09/17: Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust pleads guilty following HSE prosecution
Before Banbury Magistrates’ Court, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust pleaded guilty to a charge under Section 3 (1) of the Health and Safety at Work Etc Act 1974. This follows the death of 18-year-old Connor Sparrowhawk at the Slade House facility, Oxford on 4 July 2013.
- 18/09/17: Not enough being done to tackle work-related ill-health, say GB’s business leaders
Almost half of Britain’s industry leaders do not feel enough is being done across industry to tackle cases of work-related ill-health, according to new research from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
- 15/09/17: Company fined after worker fatally crushed by fork lift truck
Lincolnshire based firm Vacu-Lug Traction Tyres Limited has been fined after a worker died when the fork lift truck he was driving overturned at the company base in Grantham.
- 15/09/17: Former bakery director sentenced after worker falls and dies
The ex-director of commercial bakery has been placed on a curfew after a vulnerable worker suffered fatal injuries in a fall.
- 14/09/17: Manchester company fined over employer liability insurance
A Manchester linen manufacturer has been fined for failing to provide Employers Liability (Compulsory) Insurance (ELCI).
- 13/09/17: Roofing contractor given suspended prison sentence
A roofing contractor has been sentenced today for safety breaches after workers were left at risk of falling from unprotected roof edges.
- 07/09/17: Cornwall landlord fined after gas safety concerns
A landlord from Cornwall has been fined after failing to maintain gas appliances at his rental properties on St Thomas Road, Launceston.
- 06/09/17: Building company fined after breaching gas safety laws
A North West building firm and its director have been fined after a family of four were hospitalised due to exposure to carbon monoxide (CO) at their home.
- 06/09/17: Manufacturer sentenced after worker injured
A supplier to the aerospace trade from Durham has been fined when an employee suffered serious leg injuries.
- 05/09/17: Bakery fined after the death of contractor
A Hull based bakery has been fined today following the death of self-employed electrical contractor who died following a fall from height.
- 05/09/17: HSE encourages potato farmers across the UK to consider safety as it launches latest inspection initiative
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is reminding farmers who grow potatoes of the importance of managing risks to workers during the potato harvest as it launches its latest inspection initiative.
- 05/09/17: Car repair company and director fined after breaching enforcement action
A Rochdale based car repair company and director have been fined after failing to comply with Improvement Notices (IN) issued by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
- 04/09/17: Company fined after death of worker using fork lift truck
A Derbyshire-based company has been fined after the death of a 19-year-old worker, when a fork lift truck (FLT) overturned at the company’s site in Chinley, Derbyshire.
- 01/09/17: Engineering firm fined after health and safety failings
An engineering company has been fined after a 29-year-old worker was diagnosed with hand-arm vibration syndrome (HAVS) – a condition causing tingling, pins and needles, numbness and pain in the affected person’s hands.
Page 4 of 15« First«...345...10...»Last »