Health and Safety Executive press releases 2017
- 29/11/17: Landlord fined after gas safety concerns
A landlord from Plymouth has been sentenced after failing to provide her tenant with a copy of the landlord’s gas safety record at her rental property in Cardinal Avenue, Plymouth.
- 29/11/17: Construction firm fined after repeated serious work at height issues
A London based construction company, Pride Way Development Ltd, has today been fined for repeatedly failing to manage and control fall from height risks.
- 28/11/17: NHS trust fined following falls deaths
Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust has today been fined following a series of Health and Safety Executive (HSE) investigations into the deaths of five elderly patients.
- 28/11/17: Plasterboard recycling company fined for health and safety failures
A Bedfordshire-based plasterboard recycling company has been fined after health and safety concerns were identified during a routine inspection of their premises in Bedfordshire on 22 September 2015.
- 28/11/17: HSE to prosecute three companies following death of five-year-old Alexys Brown
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is prosecuting Synergy Housing Limited, Aster Property Limited, and Orona Limited for breaches of Section 3(1) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
- 28/11/17: Candle manufacturer fined after work suffers fatal head injuries
A manufacturer of candles has been fined after a worker suffered fatal head injuries after falling from a pallet raised by forklift truck.
- 27/11/17: Company fined after worker suffers electric shock
A North East company, Green North East Trading Bidco Limited, was sentenced today after a sub-contractor suffered an electric shock when he cut through a live cable.
- 24/11/17: Engineering company fined after a welder had two fingers partially amputated from crush injuries
An engineering company has been fined after a worker suffered injuries to three fingers when they were crushed by a metal frame he was attempting to lift with colleagues.
- 22/11/17: National kitchen supplier fined after driver fatally crushed
A national manufacturer and supplier of fitted kitchens, appliances and joinery products has today been fined £1.2 million after the death of a visiting HGV driver at one of the company’s premises.
- 22/11/17: Lancashire bakery fined after worker suffers serious injuries
A Lancashire bakery has been fined after a 32-year-old baker was injured at its premises in Barnoldswick.
- 22/11/17: Food manufacturer fined after worker’s fingers severed
An Essex based food manufacturer has been fined after a worker had four fingers amputated while operating a metal working lathe.
- 22/11/17: Company fined after employee falls from bonnet of vehicle
A Kendal based construction company that specialises in laying roadways has been fined after one of its employees fell from the bonnet of a tar laying machine.
- 21/11/17: Company fined after worker suffers acid burns
A plastic manufacturing company has been fined after an employee suffered burns to his right foot and ankle.
- 21/11/17: Self-employed diver sentenced for falsifying diving medical certificate
A man, has been sentenced after supplying falsified diving medical certificates to a diving company in 2016.
- 20/11/17: Company fined after worker suffers crush injuries
A plastic and paper manufacturing company has been fined after a worker suffered crush injuries from trapping his hand in an unguarded printing machine.
- 20/11/17: Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust pleads guilty following HSE prosecution
Before Oxford Magistrates’ Court, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust today pleaded guilty to a charge under Section 3 (1) of the Health and Safety at Work Etc Act 1974. This follows the death of 45-year-old Teresa Colvin at Woodhaven Adult Mental Health Hospital, Southampton on 22 April 2012.
- 20/11/17: Timber Moulding Manufacturer sentenced following serious hand injuries to worker
A St Helens wood mouldings manufacturer has appeared in court after an agency trainee had three fingers amputated while working at a rotary knife lathe.
- 20/11/17: Company fined and director sentenced after worker falls from height
The Managing Director of a solar panel company has received a suspended prison sentence and the company has been fined.
- 20/11/17: Manufacturing company fined after worker suffers life-changing injuries
A manufacturing company has been fined after a worker’s hands got trapped in a 25 tonne press.
- 17/11/17: Roofing contractor fined after worker fell from height
A Dudley based contractor has been fined after a 30-year old labourer fell more than six metres through a fragile roof.
Page 3 of 17« First«...234...10...»Last »