Health and Safety Executive press releases 2017
- 14/03/17: Construction firm fined after worker fell from height
Construction company Kier Construction Limited has been fined £400,000 after a worker fell from height.
- 10/03/17: Norfolk farming company fined after death of worker
A family owned Norfolk farming company has been fined after an employee died at its grain storage facility.
- 10/03/17: Care home fined after boy drowned in disused quarry
A Kettering based care home company has been fined after a 16-year-old boy drowned at a disused quarry on a day trip.
- 09/03/17: Paper recycling company fined after worker’s death
Recycle Paper UK Ltd has been fined after a worker was thrown from a fork lift truck and died as a result of the injuries he sustained.
- 08/03/17: £600,000 fine for Council contractor after major burns to employer
Gloucester Crown Court heard the 61-year-old man was working at the site on Eastgate Street on 29 May 2015. While trying to replace the traffic light pole he came into contact with a live underground cable which immediately gave him the electric shock and set him on fire. The man, who was an employee of another company asked by Amey to carry out the work, received burns to his to hands, arms, stomach, face, legs and chest.
- 08/03/17: Company fined after worker’s foot was exposed to machinery
A company that produces and supplies wood shavings for use as horse bedding has been fined after a worker suffered a serious foot injury at its site in Andover, Hampshire.
- 07/03/17: Construction company fined after worker fell from height
Construction firm Structural Metal Decks Limited (SMDL) has been fined after a worker was left paralysed following an accident at a building site in Kilsyth.
- 06/03/17: Sentence after worker seriously injured after fall
A Kent based haulage company has been sentenced after an employee fell four and a half metres through a fragile sky light onto a concrete floor while cleaning a roof.
- 06/03/17: £300k fine for concrete firm after employee has leg amputated
A producer of concrete blocks has been fined £300,000 after an employee had to have a leg amputated.
- 06/03/17: Company and self employed contractor sentenced for lift shaft death
A company and a self employed contractor have been fined for safety failings after one man died and another was left seriously injured falling six storeys through a lift shaft.
- 06/03/17: Sole trader receives suspended sentenced after scaffold collapse
A Wigan scaffolder has been sentenced after scaffolding collapsed at a retail site in Loggerheads.
- 03/03/17: HSE issues MOD with Crown Censure over driver death
The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has been issued with a Crown Censure by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) after an agency driver, working for the MoD, was fatally injured by a reversing vehicle.
- 01/03/17: Contractor fined for poor asbestos assessment
A Bedfordshire based contractor has been fined after failing to carry out suitable assessment of asbestos removal work.
Page 15 of 18« First«...10...141516...»Last »