Health and Safety Executive press releases 2017
- 22/12/17: Retail company and construction contractor fined over safety failings
Martin McColl Limited and JMS Retail Concepts Limited have both been sentenced today after two members of the public tripped and fell over construction work outside a convenience store in Dinas Powys, Vale of Glamorgan.
- 21/12/17: Company fined after member of the public injured by falling branch
A Bolton tree care company has been fined after a member of the public sustained serious injuries when she was struck by a large falling branch.
- 21/12/17: Company and one of its directors fined for the unsafe storage of unauthorised biocidal products
A pest control company and one of its directors have been sentenced for the unsafe storage of unauthorised biocidal products and phostoxin (aluminium phosphide).
- 20/12/17: Construction company fined after worker seriously injured
A construction company has been fined after a worker suffered serious injuries when the first floor of the building he was standing on collapsed underneath him.
- 19/12/17: Company fined after worker crushed by machinery
A waste and recycling company has been fined after a young worker was paralysed after becoming trapped in machinery.
- 19/12/17: Road Building sub-contractor and Principal Contractor sentenced after road worker killed
A Principal Contractor and a road building sub-contractor have been fined after a worker was fatally struck while working on roadworks near Lidgate in Suffolk.
- 19/12/17: Employee sentenced after worker fatally crushed
The driver of a contractor has been sentenced after the death of a road worker on the M8 motorway in 2014.
- 19/12/17: Two companies fined after worker falls from height
A contractor and principal contractor were fined today after a worker fell from height.
- 19/12/17: Wheel manufacturer fined after young worker injured
A Kidderminster based manufacturer of specialist steel wheels has been fined, after a 23-year old employee suffered serious injuries to his leg.
- 19/12/17: Company fined after roofer falls from height
A management and maintenance company was sentenced today for safety breaches after a worker fell through a flat roof.
- 15/12/17: Port company fined after 600kg bag falls on employee
A port company was sentenced for safety breaches after a bag of fertiliser fell and struck an employee.
- 15/12/17: Two companies fined after workers and public put at risk
Two Yorkshire-based companies were today fined after putting both their workers, and members of the public, at risk through asbestos exposure.
- 14/12/17: North West man sentenced for unregistered gas work
An unregistered gas installer has been fined after carrying out gas work whilst not being registered with the Gas Safe Register.
- 14/12/17: Unregistered gas work in Cornwall leads to suspended prison sentences
A builder and a plumber, both from Cornwall, have been sentenced after arranging, undertaking and then commissioning illegal gas work and leaving it in a dangerous condition.
- 14/12/17: Building contractor fined after two workers injured
A Manchester based building firm has been sentenced for safety failings at a building site in Bollington where they were carrying out a house conversion.
- 14/12/17: HSE to take lead of investigation into death of five workers at Birmingham recycling plant
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has today announced it will be assuming primacy from West Midlands Police of the investigation into the death of five workers at a metal recycling plant in Birmingham on 7 July 2016. HSE will now be leading the investigation into whether any health and safety laws have been breached.
- 13/12/17: North West farmers fined after man electrocuted
North West farmers have been fined after a man was electrocuted when the arm of a loader crane hit overhead power lines.
- 13/12/17: NHS Trust pleads guilty to breaching Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
Royal United Hospitals (Bath) NHS Foundation Trust has today pleaded guilty to a charge under Section 3(1) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, at Bath Magistrates’ Court.
- 13/12/17: Principal contractor fined after workers exposed to silica dust
A London based building contractor, MY Construction & Carpentry Limited (MY Construction), has been fined after failing to plan, manage and monitor work under its control, leading to gross exposure of workers to Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS).
- 13/12/17: Company fined and sales director given community order after apprentice injured
A roofing company was today fined and its sales director given a community order after an apprentice suffered severe head and back injuries after falling through a fragile skylight.
Page 1 of 17123...10...»Last »