Health and Safety Executive press releases 2016
- 30/06/16: Healthcare company fined after death of elderly resident
A care home company based in Middlesex has been fined after an elderly resident of a Surrey home died from scalding injuries.
- 30/06/16: North Devon engineer undertook false gas safety checks
A gas engineer undertook gaswork despite his registration with Gas Safe Register (GSR) lapsing and produced false documents claiming the work had been completed by a member of Gas Safe Register.
- 29/06/16: Worker killed after fall through roof
Two companies based in Northamptonshire have been fined after a worker died following a fall through a roof.
- 28/06/16: Cargo handling company fined for safety failings after worker injured
A cargo handling company based in Aberdeen has been fined after a worker suffered serious injury.
- 28/06/16: Company fined £90,000 for safety failings
A coach company in Wrexham has been fined £90,000 after it repeatedly failed to comply with legal notices to get its lifting equipment examined.
- 27/06/16: Horticultural Firm Fined over Multiple Safety Failings
William Sinclair Horticulture Limited, has been fined over two separate incidents that occurred at their Ellesmere Port and Lincoln sites. The incident at Ellesmere Port resulted in serious injuries to a worker as he fell from an unsecured ladder.
- 24/06/16: Fish processing firm fined after man killed by falling boxes
A Plymouth company has been fined £500,000 after an employee suffered fatal injuries when a stack of boxes of frozen fish fell on him.
- 22/06/16: Suspended prison sentence for unregistered gas worker
A man who fitted central heating boilers at two houses in Greater Manchester has received a suspended prison sentence, after he admitted he did not have the required safety registration to do the work.
- 20/06/16: Wear helmets on quad bikes, pleads farm safety chief
An agriculture safety chief has urged farmers not to ignore simple life-saving advice to wear helmets when riding quad bikes.
- 15/06/16: Suspended prison sentence for unregistered gas fitter
A gas fitter from Walsall has received a suspended prison sentence after he fitted a hob at a house in Tamworth when not on the Gas Safe Register.
- 14/06/16: Worker suffers serious injury from contact with overhead power line
A stonemasonry company in Perth has been fined after an apprentice stonemason was seriously injured from contact with an overhead power line.
- 14/06/16: Worker contracts allergic contact dermatitis
A company based in Hereford which manufactures rubber sealants has been fined after a worker contracted allergic contact dermatitis.
- 13/06/16: Gas engineer sentenced for putting tenants at risk
A gas engineer has been sentenced to 120 hours of community service for putting tenants at risk in rented homes in Chelmsford.
- 13/06/16: BT fined £500,000 after engineer breaks his back in fall
British Telecom plc (BT) has been fined £500,000 after an engineer fell seven metres from a loft in London, breaking his back and his ankles.
- 10/06/16: Worker fatally crushed by refuse collection vehicle – firms fined £815,000
Two companies were fined a total of £815,000 after a worker and father-to-be was crushed to death in Lancashire by a refuse collection vehicle.
- 10/06/16: Firm fined after three employees overcome by fumes
A food waste disposal and recycling firm has been fined £250,000 after three employees were overcome by toxic gases, including hydrogen sulphide, and a reduced oxygen atmosphere in an animal waste facility in Stoke-on-Trent.
Page 9 of 18« First«...8910...»Last »