Health and Safety Executive press releases 2015
- 13/04/15: Farm fined after serious ATV injury
The director’s fiancée was hospitalised for 10 days and was unable to return to her work for seven months when the ATV crashed and rolled throwing her to the road. She was not wearing a helmet.
- 13/04/15: Plumber fined for sub-standard boiler installation
A plumber from Malswick has been fined £250 after installed an oil fired boiler at a property that had the potential to cause death from CO poisoning.
- 10/04/15: Plymouth landlord sentenced over gas failures
Michael Jones of West Drive, Harrow Weald failed to ensure the gas boiler system at his property at Harbour Avenue in Plymouth was safely maintained, thereby putting tenants at risk.
- 10/04/15: Hertfordshire manufacturer in court after worker breaks arm in mailing machine
A Hertfordshire packaging company has been fined for safety failings after a worker broke his arm in a poorly guarded mailing machine at a factory in Melbourn.
- 09/04/15: Coalville company in court over unsafe truck hire
Derby Magistrates’ Court today (09 April) heard that JB Tool Hire had hired out a dumper truck and excavator to a farmer near Hartshorne, Derbyshire.
- 09/04/15: Unguarded machine costs joinery firm over £10,000
Colin Arnold (trading as Waveney Valley Joinery) was fined £6,500 with £4,200 costs and a victim surcharge of £120 at Bury St Edmunds Magistrates’ Court on Thursday 30 April.
- 07/04/15: Fine for Stockport firm after worker falls from height
Stockport-based Solutions SK Ltd has been fined after a worker sustained a broken heel when he fell from a ladder while installing cables for an alarm system.
- 01/04/15: Fall from height leads to fine for Hertfordshire company
Titchfield Limited was fined £12,000 at Westminster Magistrates’ Court (on 1 April) after a worker broke his arm and pelvis in a fall from a ladder.
- 01/04/15: Liverpool property firm fined after dangerous work at height
Liverpool based property developer, Copelare Ltd was today fined £7,000 with £1496.50 costs at St Helens Magistrates Court after two contract workers were spotted by a member of the public working on a tower platform in the centre of St Helens without adequate protection to public walking underneath.
- 01/04/15: Tool firm in court over worker’s hand injury
Nottingham Magistrates’ Court heard the 29-year-old shift manager, from Alfreton, was working at Fiskars UK Ltd’s Bulwell factory when the incident happened on 15 December 2011.
- 01/04/15: Worker broke arm after machine’s safety mechanism defeated
A Staffordshire company has been fined after an employee broke his arm in an unprotected machine.
- 01/04/15: Safety flaws at food business exposed at court
A Southampton worker suffered serious injuries when his arm was dragged into an unguarded part of a conveyor belt at a chicken hatchery business in Romsey, a court heard.
Page 21 of 22« First«...10...202122»