Health and Safety Executive press releases 2015
- 31/12/15: York scientist handed MBE in New Year Honours
York scientist Paul Hamey, who was awarded an MBE in the New Year Honours list, says the accolade is as much a thank you to talented and supportive colleagues as to him.
- 30/12/15: HSE Chair made a Dame in New Year’s Honours List
Judith Hackitt CBE, the Chair of the Health and Safety Executive, has been made a Dame in the New Year’s Honours List for 2016.
- 23/12/15: University fined after bomblet explosion seriously injures worker
Cranfield University has been fined after a worker suffered potentially life-threatening injuries whilst dismantling a bomblet.
- 23/12/15: Companies sentenced over death of scaffolder
Two companies have been fined a total of £1.3million following the death of a scaffolder who was just weeks away from his wedding day.
- 23/12/15: Failure to plan on multi-storey refurbishment put over 100 lives at risk
A Company carrying out construction work to convert an eight storey former Ford office block into 384 flats has been prosecuted for safety failings that put many at risk.
- 23/12/15: Companies sentenced over worker injury
Two companies have been fined after a worker suffered serious head injuries when he fell during loading operations.
- 23/12/15: Worker injured from safety failings at concrete manufacturers
A company manufacturing precast concrete panels was fined after a worker was injured while loading freestanding concrete units onto a vehicle.
- 22/12/15: Total E&P UK Ltd received record fine following largest ever North Sea gas release
Oil and gas production company Total E&P UK Ltd has been fined a record £1.125 million at the Sheriff Court in Aberdeen after it admitted failures that led to largest release of gas on record from the Elgin Offshore platform.
- 22/12/15: Two companies fined for safety failings after two separate incidents
Tata Chemicals Europe Limited and Capper Industrial Contractors have been fined following safety failings on two separate occasions.
- 21/12/15: Construction worker falls from height suffering serious injury
A construction firm was fined after a worker was seriously injured after falling head first approximately two and a half metres.
- 18/12/15: Company fined for exposing employees to health risks
A company who specialises in paint coatings has been fined for exposing its employees to health risks.
- 18/12/15: Water supplier fined after three maintenance workers injured
Cambridgeshire water supplier, Anglian Water Services Limited (AWSL), has been fined after three workers were injured in two separate incidents at its water recycling centres in Dunstable, Bedfordshire, and Saffron Walden, Essex.
- 18/12/15: Company fined after worker seriously injured
A waste and recycling company was fined £450,000 after a stack of baled waste collapsed, seriously injuring a worker.
- 18/12/15: Twenty one workers’ lives affected after health was carelessly ignored
A Merthyr Tydfil based manufacturer has been fined after 21 employees were left permanently injured after being diagnosed with hand-arm vibration syndrome (HAVS).
- 18/12/15: Illegal gas fitter will spend Christmas in jail over dangerous boiler installations
An illegal gas fitter has been given an immediate four month custodial sentence after the gas boilers he installed at two domestic premises were found to be ‘immediately dangerous’ and ‘at risk’, requiring them to be both be immediately disconnected.
- 18/12/15: Electrical explosion leaves worker scarred for life
Two construction companies have been fined £90,000 after two workers were seriously burned, and one scarred for life after they cut into a live 11,000v electrical cable.
- 18/12/15: Worker paralysed after fall caused by electric shock
An electrical power company was fined after a worker was paralysed after receiving an electric shock and falling from a ladder.
- 17/12/15: Manufacturing firm fined after worker crushed to death
Manufacturing company Hanson Packed Products Ltd has been prosecuted after a 26 year old worker was fatally crushed when his arm was caught in a powered roller.
- 17/12/15: Construction company fined after road roller death
A construction company has been fined and a director sentenced after an employee was crushed by a road roller.
- 17/12/15: Man sentenced for continued gas work while not Gas Safe Registered
A self-employed worker has been sentenced for safety failings after carrying out gas work without being Gas Safe registered.
Page 1 of 22123...10...»Last »