Health and Safety Executive press releases 2017
- 28/03/17: Construction company fined after worker loses fingers
Coldmac Limited has been fined after one of its workers suffered life changing injuries to his hand which required surgical intervention.
- 24/03/17: Laing O’Rourke fined £800,000 after worker fatally crushed at Heathrow Airport
A construction firm has been sentenced following the death of Philip Griffiths at Heathrow Airport in October 2014.
- 24/03/17: Roofing companies fined after worker fell through skylight
Two roofing companies have been fined after a worker fell nine metres through a skylight onto concrete flooring below.
- 23/03/17: Principal contractor fined for safety failings
A London based construction company has been fined for safety failings after complaints from the public
- 23/03/17: Recycling company fined after worker crushed
Arrow Recycling Ltd has been fined after a worker was left fighting for his life after being crushed by about 400kg of cardboard.
- 21/03/17: Electrical appliance company fined after worker’s death
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited has today been fined after a self-employed contractor fell from a mobile elevated work platform (MEWP) and later died from his injuries.
- 20/03/17: Partnership fined following death of long-serving farm manager
A farming partnership has been fined £60,000 following the death of a farm manager in Staffordshire.
- 20/03/17: Suspended prison sentence for Plymouth man undertaking illegal gas work at tenanted property
An unregistered gas fitter has been sentenced for illegally carrying out gas safety work at a rented house.
- 20/03/17: Trailer firm fined after worker injured between vehicles
A Bedfordshire trailer firm has been sentenced after an employee suffered crush injuries when he was trapped between a lorry’s cab and a trailer.
- 15/03/17: £160,000 fine for aircraft company after workers fell from the tail of a plane
An aircraft engineering company has been fined after two men fell about 15 feet while they were carrying out checks at the tail of an aeroplane.
- 15/03/17: Health and safety events focus on sectors
Great Britain’s independent safety and health regulator is holding a series of events across the country to look at what businesses can do to look after people at work.
- 15/03/17: Construction worker seriously injured in wall collapse
A Manchester building contractor and a company owner have appeared in court after a worker was seriously injured on a refurbishment site.
- 14/03/17: Construction firm fined after worker fell from height
Construction company Kier Construction Limited has been fined £400,000 after a worker fell from height.
- 10/03/17: Norfolk farming company fined after death of worker
A family owned Norfolk farming company has been fined after an employee died at its grain storage facility.
- 10/03/17: Care home fined after boy drowned in disused quarry
A Kettering based care home company has been fined after a 16-year-old boy drowned at a disused quarry on a day trip.
- 09/03/17: Paper recycling company fined after worker’s death
Recycle Paper UK Ltd has been fined after a worker was thrown from a fork lift truck and died as a result of the injuries he sustained.
- 08/03/17: £600,000 fine for Council contractor after major burns to employer
Gloucester Crown Court heard the 61-year-old man was working at the site on Eastgate Street on 29 May 2015. While trying to replace the traffic light pole he came into contact with a live underground cable which immediately gave him the electric shock and set him on fire. The man, who was an employee of another company asked by Amey to carry out the work, received burns to his to hands, arms, stomach, face, legs and chest.
- 08/03/17: Company fined after worker’s foot was exposed to machinery
A company that produces and supplies wood shavings for use as horse bedding has been fined after a worker suffered a serious foot injury at its site in Andover, Hampshire.
- 07/03/17: Construction company fined after worker fell from height
Construction firm Structural Metal Decks Limited (SMDL) has been fined after a worker was left paralysed following an accident at a building site in Kilsyth.
- 06/03/17: Sentence after worker seriously injured after fall
A Kent based haulage company has been sentenced after an employee fell four and a half metres through a fragile sky light onto a concrete floor while cleaning a roof.